In your role as Platform Developer, you will be responsible for working on new FNZ One development projects/implementations as well as supporting existing clients and interfaces with third party partners. The Platform development projects will include white label partner implementations, platform enhancements, new greenfield propositions and regulatory changes. You will also be required to support production incidents and API testing. You will be involved throughout the project lifecycle from requirements analysis through to design, development sprints and testing phases. This role will be tightly integrated with our key technology partner, FNZ.
The ideal candidate will be a full stack Microsoft analyst developer with development experience in web, middleware and database domains demonstrated over several projects.
- Participate in all phases of software development life cycle including design, development sprints, testing, implementation and support.
- Design and develop solutions using primarily ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET and SQL Server.
- Work with FNZ/Internal/3rd Party SMEs, Analysts, Solution Architects, Network administrators to contribute towards functional & non-functional requirements, technical design and problem resolution.
- Maintain high quality technical documentation.
- Promote and execute best practice in software development.
- Undertake REST API testing.
- Develop unit tests to ensure required quality gateways are met.
- Actively communicate the status of assigned items of work to project team, project manager or delivery manager.
- Comply with internal & FNZ development, release & QA standards.
- Take an active role in understanding the business domain and contributing to requirements gathering.
- Complete agreed training / self-improvement activities in line with agreed career development plan.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Actively identify and promote opportunities for application efficiency improvements and performance improvements.
- Actively seek opportunities to provide assistance to peers.
Delivering excellence is no easy task, particularly when you are transforming a business. So, we’re looking for someone with the right experience and behaviours to join our team. The ‘DNA’ we look for starts with high proactivity and tenacity, the desire to deliver service excellence, attention to detail and a passion for both innovation and continuous improvement. As well as this, you will need to have:
- C#, VB.NET, Framework 4.0/4.5
- SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
- RESTful/SOAP web services
- Automated API Testing (e.g. Ready API, Soap UI, Postman or other)
- Understanding core software design principles and best practices
- Financial services experience
- Wrap platform experience
- Experience with writing unit tests (Rhinomocks, Xunit or other)
- Message broking (RabbitMQ 3.5.3, EasyNetQ 0.50 or other)
- Source control (Team Foundation Server, Accurev or other)
- Reporting technologies (SSRS, Qlik, Tableau, Flexcel or other)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Agile experience
- Selenium automation
- Exposure to Azure hosting and cloud technologies
- Understanding of data modelling and database design
- University degree (at least Bachelor’s degree)
About Embark Group
Embark Group is a full-scale retirement solutions provider. We are committed to acquiring, developing and holding – for the long-term – a range of financial services businesses in the UK and internationally. As an investor we look for wholly-owned, minority interest and joint venture investments that can generate value independently or in concert with other assets in our portfolio.
We look for businesses that possess the capacity for scaled growth, a proven presence in their chosen market segments, strong people with the right values, and most importantly that offer an opportunity for us to add value through digital delivery.
Our approach centres on four primary enablers: our expertise, access to leading technology, focus on consumers, and capital. More than anything, we build safe and recurring value for all of our stakeholders, customers, partners, employees and shareholders.
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you?
To apply, please send a cover letter and copy of your CV to Kirsty Seal at email@example.com. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Kirsty directly via email.