In your role as IT Security and Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for the management and delivery of IT security within the Embark Group and its businesses. Encompassing all aspects of security and business continuity you will need to provide leadership and drive to develop the businesses IT Security framework using industry standards and best practice.
The role requires you to take responsibility for the delivery and maintenance of a Security and Compliance) framework, day-to-day management of security principles (with support of the relevant technical team resources), developing the strategy and business case for the implementation of supporting toolsets and processes and assuring the business complies with industry standards such as ISO27001, ISO27017 and GDPR/DPA.
As part of this role you will be required to work with a number of support teams and stakeholders to deliver the security strategy. This will include performing a key advisory role to members of the Executive Management Team (and subsequently the Board), key input into the Information Security Management Forum (ISMF), as well as liaising with technical staff, service delivery teams and business stakeholders.
Business continuity forms part of Embarks overall security and compliance strategy and as such you will be expected to co-ordinate the management of this within the group. With support from senior managers within each of the business units, you will ensure Embarks BCP plans are regularly maintained and tested, with a view to continuous improvement.
- Responsibility for IT Security and Compliance across the group
- Advisory to the EMT and Board on Security and Compliance
- Development of the IT Security framework, policies and procedures
- Providing key input into the ISMF
- Developing staff knowledge and awareness of security through communications, e-learning and face to face training
- Providing compliance information as needed by partners and regulators
- Providing oversight of the security processes conducted by the Service Delivery team
- Co-ordination of Security auditing (internal and external)
- Development, maintenance and testing of the BCP framework – including Cyber Threat and Security Breach scenarios
Delivering excellence is no easy task, particularly when you are transforming a business. So we’re looking for someone with the right experience and behaviours to join our team. The ‘DNA’ we look for starts with high proactivity and tenacity, the desire to deliver service excellence, attention to detail and a passion for both innovation and continuous improvement. As well as this, you will need to have:
- Experience of managing and delivering Information Security and BCM frameworks as a primary role
- Previous experience of delivering to industry standards, primarily ISO27001 and ISO27017
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure security principles including high-level networking and system security, Cyber Threat, Cloud delivered services and 3rd party outsourcing.
- Knowledge of standards/regulations including ITIL, GDPR, COBIT
- Experience working closely with varying levels of stakeholder, experience working directly with technical IT staff.
- Experience and knowledge of supporting IT tools including O365, Sharepoint, MS Project
- Excellent vendor and stakeholder management skills
- Great organisational and interpersonal skills
- Exceptionally proactive nature, with the ability to innovate and challenge in support of the business model we are operating
- Clear communication skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience in a Financial Services business is highly desirable.
About Embark Group
Embark Group is a full-scale retirement solutions provider. We are committed to acquiring, developing and holding – for the long-term – a range of financial services businesses in the UK and internationally. As an investor we look for wholly-owned, minority interest and joint venture investments that can generate value independently or in concert with other assets in our portfolio.
We look for businesses that possess the capacity for scaled growth, a proven presence in their chosen market segments, strong people with the right values, and most importantly that offer an opportunity for us to add value through digital delivery.
Our approach centres on four primary enablers: our expertise, access to leading technology, focus on consumers, and capital. More than anything, we build safe and recurring value for all of our stakeholders, customers, partners, employees and shareholders.
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you?
To apply, please send a cover letter and copy of your CV to Kirsty Seal at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Kirsty directly via email.