As a Finance Administrator, you will support the Finance team in the daily ledger accounting for multiple entities across the Embark Group. This will involve ledger maintenance, processing of accounts payable invoices, reviewing and raising payments, processing of employee expenses, support in the preparation of monthly financial records and support in development and ongoing reporting of the company’s financial controls.
As the business continues to evolve, you will support the development and enhancement of the Groups’ financial reporting. This will require you to draw upon your emerging skills to help develop a ‘best practice’ approach to ledger management.
In addition, it will be a key part of the role to support and improve the financial control environment throughout the Group. Ensuring all reconciliations are completed and reviewed, risks and emerging issues documented for early discussion and making control / efficiency improvements throughout.
Proactivity, ambition, willingness and a hands-on approach will be key to success in this role.
- Supporting day to day purchase ledger maintenance and reconciliation
- Coding of supplier invoices
- Seeking approval from internal stakeholders
- Processing of invoices onto the accounts payable ledger
- Preparation of journal entries for review and processing into the general ledger
- Preparing supplier statement reconciliations
- Responding to queries/requests for information from internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Preparing and processing of payments
- Tracking expenses and processing expense reports
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiencies in the purchase ledger process
- Input into the annual audit process
- Due to the nature of the role other work may be allocated from time to time
Delivering excellence is no easy task, particularly when you are transforming a business. So, we’re looking for someone with the right experience and behaviours to join our team. The ‘DNA’ we look for starts with high proactivity and tenacity, the desire to deliver service excellence, attention to detail and a passion for both innovation and continuous improvement. As well as this, you will need to have:
- The right attitude and commitment
- Proactive thinking and a natural desire to improve and enhance
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced finance function
- Positive work ethos, desire to make a difference and get tasks completed
- Ability to support and design a strong financial control environment
Embark Group is a full-scale retirement solutions provider. We are committed to acquiring, developing and holding – for the long-term – a range of financial services businesses in the UK and internationally. As an investor we look for wholly-owned, minority interest and joint venture investments that can generate value independently or in concert with other assets in our portfolio.
We look for businesses that possess the capacity for scaled growth, a proven presence in their chosen market segments, strong people with the right values, and most importantly that offer an opportunity for us to add value through digital delivery.
Our approach centres on four primary enablers: our expertise, access to leading technology, focus on consumers, and capital. More than anything, we build safe and recurring value for all of our stakeholders, customers, partners, employees and shareholders.
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you?
To apply, please send a cover letter and copy of your CV to Kirsty Seal at email@example.com. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Kirsty directly via email.